Students are expected to read approximately 20 minutes every night.
By third grade, students are expected to:
- copy homework into the agenda
- take appropriate materials home
- complete the homework
- return homework (with name) to school by the due date
The AGENDA is a tool that can be used to facilitate organization of work, record reminders or facilitate communication. If a parent would like to use the agenda to communicate with the teacher, I encourage him/her to do so; however, it is the student's responsibility to ask for clarification if he or she is unclear about what to do.
If a student is unclear about how to complete an assignment in Spanish, it is the student's responsibility to:
- review work done in class
- check the textbook for reminders or review
- ask another student for help
- ask someone who speaks Spanish to read the directions aloud
- look for resources on this website such as web links
- ask for clarification in class the following day
PLEASE DO NOT TRANSLATE SPANISH HOMEWORK
AS THIS IS CONTRARY TO IMMERSION PHILOSOPHY.
In general, a test will be scheduled as we come to the end of a math topic, reading story, etc. Please check your child's agenda for assignment due dates and tests dates.