Current employees are required to renew their Child Abuse History, PA State Police Record Check and FBI fingerprinting clearances every 60 months. Please bring to the HR Department’s attention any crime indicated on a clearance.
Prospective and New Employees are required to submit the following clearances for employment consideration. Clearances are valid for one year from the date of issue. Please bring to the HR Department’s attention any crime indicated on a clearance.
Links to the state’s websites are below. Please see the helpful hints next to each link.
- PA Access to Criminal History Record Check (Act 34) - The State Police Clearance is completed online and the clearance is instantly available for you to save and print. Click the control number to view your results. Click the "Certificate" link to view, save and print your official certificate with the state seal.
- PA Child Abuse History Certification (Act 151) - This is an online link. Click "Create Individual Account". The Keystone Key is a user name you create. Follow the site's step-by-step instructions for creating a password. Be sure to keep a record of your Keystone Key and Password since you will need these to access your results. You will receive an email from the site when your results are available, within 14 days of submission. If you prefer to mail this form, please see FORM .
- FBI Fingerprint Clearance (Act 114) - For Employment Purposes Only (non-volunteer). Enroll at IdentoGO and make an appointment for fingerprinting at a location of your choice. The code for EMPLOYMENT purposes is 1KG6XN. Only the PA Department of Education version is accepted for employment. Payment is made at time of fingerprinting, at the location, by credit card or money order. Personal checks and cash are not accepted. NOTE: Volunteer clearances are NOT acceptable for employment purposes.
- PA Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification form (Act 24).
- PA Sexual Abuse/Misconduct Disclosure form (Act 168). This is for successful employment candidates only. Do NOT send the Act 168 form yourself. These forms must be given to Human Resources office to send.