1. Respect - Respect your teachers! Respect your classmates! Respect Yourself!
2. Be Prepared - You are expected to be prepared for every class. This means your homework is complete, pencils are sharpened, and you have your textbook, notebook, and other supplies as needed. You must also be in class and ready to go when the bell rings.
3. Work in your Groups – You are sitting with other students for educational reasons, NOT to socialize. Please use your group as a resource. Ask questions and help your group members. Help your group members stay on tasks. Encourage participation from group members.
Electronics Policy – Appropriate use of technology is encouraged. Mis-uses of technology will be reported to the office. NO warning shall be given.
Computer Use - Students will be completing work by using their student laptops during this course. They will be using various computer applications and accessing information from a variety of sources. When on their laptops, students are to practice responsible use of this technology, and only work on the assignment given.
Bathroom Use - Students are expected to use the restroom during class changes. Exceptions to this rule will be at the teacher’s discretion.
Tardy Policy - Lateness will not be tolerated. After 3 tardies, you will receive a detention. After the fourth tardy, you will be given a referral to the office.
Food/Drink - School Policy does not allow for food or drink during class. This includes chewing gum. Only bottles of water are permitted.
2. Teacher/Student Conference
3. Letter/Phone call home
4. After School Detention
5. Referral to Assistant Principal
* I reserve the right to skip any of the above steps for serious or repeat offenders.
Absences – As per the student handbook that both you and your parent’s signed that you understand and will abide the policies: “When a student is absent from school it is the student's responsibility to communicate with their teachers via email or check assignments posted on the teacher website. Although students are encouraged to keep up with assignments while absent, the student has two school days upon returning to make up any work missed. It is the student's responsibility to take the initiative in arranging for makeup work. However, if a student is absent on the day of a test and he or she has not been absent for work covered on the test, he or she is expected to be prepared to take the test upon returning.”
Supplies – See the website for a specific list. Basic supplies include: Text (provided by school), notebook, notebook paper, graph paper, pencils, erasers, ruler, and a scientific calculator or a Graphing Calculator (TI-nSpire or TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator is recommended). AP Calculus students- Your course requires a graphing calculator.
Extra Help/ Time –I am always available to students for extra help after school from 2:30-3:00. I will alert students when I am unavailable for help. Students should see me for other arrangements. The Spartan Period is also available for students to receive extra help.
Final Grade – Please see the syllabus for specifics about grade calculation.