FCCLA, or Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America is a national organization that focuses on leadership, teamwork, and learning about Family Consumer Sciences topics.
Mission - The mission of FCCLA is to promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of a family member, wage earner, and community leaders, members develop skills for life through: character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge, and career preparation.
Purpose - FCCLA has many purposes to help students become leaders in the 21st century including:
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and assuming responsibilities
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults
- To prepare for multiple roles of men and women in today’s society
- To promote Family and Consumer Sciences education and related occupations
STAR Events - Students complete extensive projects to present at a conference. All of the STAR events revolve around Family and Consumer Sciences’ topics including: community service, event planning, culinary arts, sewing and textiles, leadership, entrepreneurship, interior design, parliamentary procedure, job interviewing, and career investigation, among others.
Conferences - 1 state conference per year, 3 day long conference in March. National conference if students qualify, in the summer (June/July) for 5 days plus travel.
Website - www.fcclainc.org
Why Join? -