Academic Literacy - general classroom info
Every day you will need to bring these MATERIALS:
Please NO Trapper Keepers (large zipped notebooks) Our students tend to get lost in them!
- #2 pencils with erasers and/or Pens (blue/black ink only)
- post its/ sticky notes - 3x3 (and lots of them!)
To make our time together go as smoothly as possible, I have created a list of EXPECTED STUDENT BEHAVIORS for my classroom. They are:
1. Be prepared:
- Bring all necessary materials to class (including homework, books, pencils, etc.).
- Be in class, in your seat and working on the warm-up activity when the bell rings.
- Pencils should be sharpened before instruction begins.
2. Be present:
- Raise your hand before speaking.
- Remain in your seat unless given permission to move.
- Actively listen to the teacher/your classmates/special guest when they have the floor.
- Contribute to classroom activities by doing assignments, asking questions and being involved in discussions.
3. Be respectful:
- To the teacher/your classmates/special guests.
- To school property (desks, books, etc.).
4. The other rules:
- Food, candy, gum, drinks, etc. are not allowed in my classroom. These items may be allowed for special occasions/events or due to other special circumstances.
- Trips to the lavatory and drinking fountain will be allowed ONLY in the first and last 2 minutes of class.
- I strongly encourage all of my students (and parents)to review grades on sapphire on a weekly basis. They are your grades and your responsibility! Mistakes can be made...just print any questionable grades and see your teacher.
If you choose not to meet these expectations, I will respond with these CONSEQUENCES:
1. Nonverbal/Verbal Reminder 4. Parent Conference
2. Teacher Conference 5. Guidance Referral
3. Teacher Detention/Parent Contact 6. Administrative Referral
*Depending on the situation, steps may not be taken in this order.