IF YOU ARE EVER ABSENT:
- click on CW and HW for each date you are out - YOU SHOULD WRITE IT DOWN!
- this will let you know exactly what you missed - hopefully you can start working on it before you return and won't fall as far behind
- be sure to see me ASAP for any handouts and to schedule time to come in and make up labs/tests/activities (make ups can be done ONLY after school - and must be scheduled within 3 school days of returning)
- DO NOT come in and ask "what did I miss?" - come in and ask for handouts by name. If you don't ask for it, I won't give it to you...BE RESPONSIBLE!
- you only have 3 school days to complete make-up work - NOT 3 class days - so don't wait
**If you are only absent on a review day before a test (you haven't missed any new material) - you are expected to take the test the day it is given...
NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CLASSWORK OR HOMEWORK?
- go to the appropriate calendar
- click on HW (date it was assigned)
- this will let you know exactly what to do
- if the HW is to read and take notes - often times there are suggestions of things to include in your notes on the calendar....
- if the HW is to do some practice and check your answers - go to the Biology tab to find the answers - this way you can come to class ready to ask questions about things you are still confused about
- all HW is due the next class unless otherwise directed
WANT TO KNOW WHAT WILL BE ON THE TEST?
Check out the "Upcoming test" tab (it's in the BIOLOGY section on on the left). This is where you will find the study guide for the test. You will also find practice problems that you can do and the answers to those practice problems. There may also be links to review games, videos, and other websites that might help you prepare for the test.
I am available after school for extra help almost every day. This is also when you can make up missed tests or labs. Please check with me the day before you want to come in to make sure that I am available (sometimes I have meetings) and that I am expecting you. If after school transportation is an issue - all students can take the late bus home (leaves the HS about 3:15). You will need to turn in a completed "Late Bus Form" to the office the day you want to take the late bus. There is a copy of the form for you to print in the BIOLOGY tab on the left....
NEED HELP ACCESSING YOUR DIGITAL TEXTBOOK?
Use the "Bio Textbook Info" tab (it's in the BIOLOGY section on the left). You will find the pattern of username and password and some basic trouble shooting. If you have having a problem with a machine at home that is NOT the school issued laptop you can contact Pearson directly from the Sign in page - click "Support" then the 24/7 technical support link. There is a link to the Pearson log in page at the bottom of this page.