You might find it interesting to know that I was born in the Bahamas, and was raised in South Florida. Why am I so far North? I met my husband, who is originally from Pennsylvania, at Southeastern College, which we both attended in Florida. After getting married, having various jobs, and attending different schools for several degrees, my husband and I moved to the Lehigh Valley in 1999, because he got a job at DeSales University. I taught at William Allen High School for a year, and then got a job teaching at Southern Lehigh High School in 2000. I really enjoy the school environment as well as the staff and the students here! Currently, I teach English 9 and Honors 9.
I have a bachelor's degree in English, Secondary Education from Western Kentucky University, and I have a master's degree in English from Kutztown University.
Of course, as an English teacher, I enjoy reading. I especially enjoy romances, dramas, and suspense thrillers/crime dramas. My favorite classic authors are Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, and Wilke Collins. My top classic pick is Jane Eyre. Some modern authors that I enjoy reading are Cormac McCarthy, Tana French, Ron Hansen, Marilynne Robinson, M.L. Stedman, and Anthony Doerr. My most recent top pick is The Light Between Oceans.
In addition to reading, my hobbies include taking walks in my neighborhood or at the Lehigh Valley parkway; biking at a leisurely pace; watching shows and movies, especially period pieces like Downton Abbey or British crime dramas like Broadchurch; going to coffee shops; shopping; and swimming and paddle boarding (when I can!). I enjoy traveling, especially to Florida (to see my family) in the summertime; and visiting quaint, coastal towns.
EXPLANATION OF WEBSITE
On the left of this page, you will see the two courses that I teach, English 9 and Honors 9. FIRST, click on your course. Then, follow the specific instructions below:
- Clicking on "Activities" will take you directly to Lesson Plan, which is an online calendar of what am I teaching for the week. Make sure that you are looking at your class and day.
- Clicking on "Handouts and Homework" will provide you with the handouts and/or assignments that I have distributed in class.
- Clicking on "Links and Documents" will direct you to websites to be used with student assignments.
- Clicking on "Websites" will lead you to helpful websites.
- Clicking on "Final Exam Review Packet 2016" will take you to just that - the final exam review packet from last year. But you won't need the revised one until the end of the year!
- Clicking on "Online Magazine 2016" will take you to a copy of last year's Final Exam Project. Again, you won't need this until I explain it, and it will be revised for this year!