Me llamo Sra. M, y enseño Español I y II aquí en Southern Lehigh High School. También, enseño Inglés como Lengua Segunda. (Welcome! My name is Mrs. M, and I teach Spanish 1 and 2 here at Southern Lehigh High School. I also teach English as a Second Language.)
- I graduated from Emmaus High School in 2005, where I was on the Diving & Track teams and was a member of Spanish club.
- After high school, I went on to graduate from Shippensburg University with a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish (K-12). I was also president of the Spanish club and vice-president of the Spanish Honor Society (Sigma Delta Pi).
- I recently graduated from Western Governors University with a Master of Arts in English Language Learning (K-12).
- I taught 1 year for Allentown School District, teaching 5th-8th grade Gifted Spanish.
- In 2011-2012, I spent the year teaching English in Madrid, Spain, where I was also on a swim team.
- After Spain, I taught here at Southern Lehigh High School as a Long Term Sub, teaching Spanish II, Spanish III, Spanish V, and Honors Immersion.
- For the past two years, I have taught at Roberto Clemente Elementary Charter School, a bilingual (English/Spanish) school in Allentown, PA. During my time at RCECS, I had the honor of being the Chairperson of the Parent and Family Committee. My duties included organizing Spanish for Everyone (making announcements in Spanish in the mornings and incorporating Spanish throughout the school), organizing PTA meetings, and interpreting and translating for the school.
- I am thrilled to be back at Southern Lehigh High School permanently starting this 2016-2017 school year! I look forward to an exciting year in which we will practice listening, speaking, writing and reading Spanish, and will OF COURSE have fun!!
1. Students can find important assignments and dates for those assignments on my Google classroom website.
2. Students can find the syllabus for their Spanish class (1 or 2) in the links under my main home page link. The syllabus contains all topics that we will be learning about this year.