Exploring: Discover Your Future
Do you know students that like science and math? Fun competitions? Learning new things? Great news - there are two excellent Explorer Post programs at Lutron Electronics and Air Products for students to learn about career paths in Engineering.
Exploring is a national career exploration program for young men and women ages 14-20. No skills are required – this is an opportunity for you to learn more about these careers from IT and Engineering professionals through a series of hands-on projects. Many of our advisors are recent college graduates that can also share their experiences in selecting schools, navigating the job market, and successfully launching careers at Air Products or Lutron. This is a great resume builder for high school students looking to take their extra-curriculars to the next level, especially those interested in pursuing a STEM major in college.
Lutron's Explorer Post takes place on our campus in Coopersburg and offers topics from basic electricity and simple machines to more advanced circuits and mechanics. The Lutron First Nighter will be held on Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 6pm. If you’re interested in joining, here’s what to do:
- Go to our website https://ep707.wordpress.com/ (or Google “Lutron Explorer Post”)
- Review the schedule
- Review the frequently asked questions
- If you’re planning on joining the program, even if you can’t attend the First Nighter, go to the RSVP page to register https://ep707.wordpress.com/first-nighter/
The Air Products IT and Engineering posts covers topics in both areas. This is a great program if you’re looking for a mix of engineering topics and hands-on time with exercises in IT, networking, and cybersecurity. The Air Products First Nighter is on Wednesday, October 2, 2019 at 6pm at their facility in Trexlertown. To attend the Air Products Open House:
- Register by visiting https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/APCI-Explorer
- Meet in the Air Products Admin 3 Building, in Trexlertown (see attached for directions). This first meeting will provide you with an orientation to Exploring, an introduction to our posts, and give you a chance to view projects from prior years.
- If you have further questions, please refer to the Air Products post websites (Google “Air Products explorer post”)
www.post3033.org (Information Technology)
Lutron Explorer Post #707