Resources for Families Concerning COVID-19
The Southern Lehigh School District would like to take this opportunity to remind all staff, students, and community members of the following recommendations by the United States Center for Disease Control and Prevention to prevent the spread of any respiratory virus like COVID-19.
Wash hands often with soap and water for at least twenty (20) seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and place immediately in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Additionally, we must reiterate that all school buildings in the Southern Lehigh School District are cleaned and disinfected by custodial staff, who are annually trained, using products that have been pre-approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use against emerging enveloped viral pathogens. These are currently the products recommended for use during the COVID-19 outbreak.
It is important to note that while we are all concerned about the spread of COVID-19, that we base any changes on factual information. As a community, please continue to follow all previous shared recommendations to remain healthy during the cold and flu season. We have compiled resources below for you to access should you have additional questions or concerns.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Resources
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Stop the Spread of Germs (COVID-19)
- What You Need to Know About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- What to Do If You Are Sick With Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- COVID-19 FAQS
- Resources for Households
- Mental Health and Coping During Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Talking to Children About Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Pennsylvania Department of Health Resources
- Responding to COVID-19 in Pennsylvania
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) When to Seek Care
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Fact Sheet
- Preparing for the Spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) English Version
- Preparing for the Spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Spanish Version
- Self-Monitor and Practice Social Distancing (COVID-19) English Version
- Self-Monitor and Practice Social Distancing (COVID-19) Spanish Version
- How Can I Protect Myself from COVID-19
- Quartine vs Isolation Infographic
- Talking to Children About COVID-19
Pennsylvania Governor Wolfe Annoucement of School Closure
National Association of School Psychologists
- Talking to Children About Coronavirus (COVID-19): A Parent Resource English Version
- Talking to Children about Coronavirus (COVID-19): A Parent Resource Spanish Version
Southern Lehigh School District Update
- Southern Lehigh School District COVID-19 Update:(March 23, 2020)
- Southern Lehigh School District: Talking to Your Children About COVID-19 (March 19, 2020)
- Southern Lehigh School District COVID-19 Update: Governor Wolf Closes Pennsylvania Schools (March 13, 2020)
- Southern Lehigh School District COVID-19 Update: (March 6, 2020)