Working Papers

  • To Obtain a Working Permit at Southern Lehigh School District:

    1. You must reside in Southern Lehigh School District in order to have Southern Lehigh complete your working papers.
    2. Download and complete the work permit application (link below). Fill it out completely, including your parents' signature.
      1. For 'Place of birth,' please list City, State and name of the hospital.
    3. Email the completed application along with a copy of your birth certificate, passport or driver's license to Ms. Burno at
    4. You will be notified when your permit is ready for pick up.


    1. Bring your documents to the High School to complete your application in person.

    The office is available for working papers from 8am-2:30pm. Please check the high school calendar for holiday/school closures. During the summer, check the website or call ahead as our hours may vary.

    Work permits are provided as a wallet-sized blue piece of paper. This must stay with the student until they reach the age of 18.
    DO NOT give your employer the original work permit; only copies. Only one work permit will be issued per student.

    For information about Child Labor Laws and rules for obtaining a work permit, please see the information in the links provided below.