Due to Covid-19, the College Board has recently released changes to the AP Exams for 2021. More information can be found on their website.
Southern Lehigh High School is establishing procedures for how they will proceed with AP Exams for the 2021 school year. Information will be released in early March.
At this point, students should just make sure that they are completely registered for their exams. This means that exams have been completely paid for in Total Registration and their exam status is correct in their College Board account. If there are any discrepencies or you need to check, please email Mrs. Mowrey in the guidance office at email@example.com.
The deadline to order AP Exams is March 5th. This is the absolute last day for students to register for exams (with a $40 late fee). March 11th is the deadline to cancel exams and receive a full refund. After this day, we will not be permitted to order extra exams.
- Sep 1, 2020 - Registration Opens in Total Registration
- Oct 2, 21020 - Create and Sign-in to your College Board Account. Add all of your AP courses.
- Nov 6, 2020 – Students must indicate in College Board that they are taking the test. Students must see the guidance office after this date to make changes.
- Nov 12, 2020 - Registrations and payments after this date will incur a $40 late fee per exam.
- March 5, 2021 - Registration Ends
- Mar 11, 2021 – Last day to cancel an exam and receive a full refund in Total Registration.
Why Should I Take an AP Test?
Stand Out in College Admissions
Deciding to take an AP course lets colleges and universities know that you have what it takes to succeed in an undergraduate environment. When admissions officers see “AP” on your transcript, they know that what you experienced in a particular class has prepared you well for the challenges of college. Taking AP is a sign that you’re up for the most rigorous classes your high school has to offer.
Earn College Credits
By taking an AP course and scoring successfully on the related AP Exam, you can save on college expenses: most colleges and universities nationwide offer college credit, advanced placement, or both, for qualifying AP Exam scores. These credits can allow students to save college tuition, study abroad, or secure a second major. AP can transform what once seemed unattainable into something within reach. (AP Website, 2017)