Welcome to Kindergarten
with Mrs Smillie!
Please use this website to help you learn everything you need to know about Kindergarten!
"All I ever really needed to know I learned in Kindergarten".
This quote describes the essence on which the foundation of Kindergarten is built.
This year the children will explore the world of learning and will develop many new basic skills.
- follow directions
- sort, graph, count, and compute
- work and play together
- write stories through Kid Writing
- learn and practice positive character traits
- practice good citizenship
- question and experiment
- use technology in the classroom to practice and extend basic concepts
- learn the letters of the alphabet, their sounds, and how they make up words for us to read and write
- develop a broader understanding of the world around us