Applications are accepted for open positions. You may sign up for “Job Alerts” to receive notifications as postings are listed. All applications must be submitted through the SLSD Applicant Online Portal.
ONLINE APPLICATION INFORMATION
- SLSD uses Recruit & Hire for online applications. Click the "Apply" button and create an account or log into an existing account.
- Recruit & Hire will automatically populate many sections of an application. After you submit your first application, your information is saved to your Recruit & Hire Profile and it is automatically entered in the appropriate sections of subsequent applications.
- Background Checks: The PA Child Abuse History Certification (Act 151), the PA Access to Criminal History Record Check (Act 34), and the FBI Fingerprinting (Act 114) results or receipt indicating a registration ID# must be attached to the online application. The fingerprinting code for EMPLOYMENT purposes is 1KG6XN. For more information on how to apply for employment background checks, please click on the Background Checks (Clearances) link.
- Other Required Disclosure Documents: A PDE Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form (Act 24) and a Commonwealth of PA Sexual Abuse/Misconduct Disclosure (Act 168) are also required. These forms are also available please on the Clearances link.
- Uploaded Documents: Recruit & Hire stores uploaded documents in your profile. These documents are attached to all subsequent applications. We suggest keeping your cover letter general in nature since only the most recently uploaded version will be saved.
- Uploading Multiple Documents (resume, background checks, certifications or licenses, letters of recommendation and transcripts): Scan all pages together or combined on your computer into one (1) new PDF. If pages are uploaded individually, each subsequent page will replace the previous page.
- Saving Attachments: Recruit & Hire does not save attachments until the application is completed and submitted.
- MAC users: If you are having difficulty uploading documents, try using the Firefox browser.
- To update your application: Log into your Recruit & Hire account, click the PROFILE tab, then click the link to update the application form. IMPORTANT: When finished, continue to the end of the application until you see a confirmation notice.
- Interviews: Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by the school or appropriate district department or office. Please understand a submitted application does not guarantee an interview.
- Status Updates: Job postings are marked "Filled" after the hiring process is completed.
SLSD reserves the right to close any job posting before the deadline date when a suitable applicant has been found.