Induction -New Employees
Welcome to the Southern Lehigh Family
Teacher Induction Program
What’s it all about?
The purpose of induction is to support the emotional and professional development for employees new to Southern Lehigh School District. The goal is to support new employees so that they impact positively on student learning.
Who coordinates induction?
Mary Farris - Director of Human Resources
Who facilities induction activities?
Michael Roth - Assistant Superintendent
Andria Buchman- Director of Special Education/Student Services
Shane Cross - Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Ken Jordan - Director of Technology, Data and Assessment
Who participates in Induction?
- All teachers who are newly employed by Southern Lehigh.
- Substitutes who are hired for 90 days or more.
What are the requirements of Induction?
- On-going meetings with an assigned mentor and completion of the items within the Induction Log (including notes in the log)
- Inductee attendance at the two-day orientation in August
- Inductee attendance at sessions throughout the year
- First Aid training (offered by district in November) or proof of current certification
- Delivery of the Induction Log on a monthly basis and signed Induction Completion form to the Office of Teaching and Learning by May 15th
What are the contractual requirements?
- 4 additional days for new teachers
- 3 academy days for all teachers (18 hours – in 3 hours increments)
Teacher Collaborative Follow-up Sessions for 2019-2020
The schedule for TIP Follow-Up activities throughout the year may be found by clicking here. Remember to use CPE Tracker and search for “SLTIP” events.
We are excited for you to be a part of the Southern Lehigh family! Do not hesitate to ask for any assistance throughout the induction process.