My Teaching Philosophy
1. Create a welcoming and comfortable environment.
Getting to know my students through conversation, sharing and surveys.
Inviting physical arrangement of the room
2. All students should feel safe to participate and take academic risks
Praise and encouragement
Opportunities to try again
3. All students should be respected and give respect
Lead by example
Regular class meetings
Follow our We “R” Spartans behavior plan
- (respectful, responsible, rule abiding, ready, rigorous and resilient)
4. Recognize different learning styles in my students
Utilize all types; Visual, auditory and tactile
- Verbal and written directions
- Graphic organizers
- Anchors (examples)
- Posted directions and examples
- Echoing of directions (students repeat back what I said)
- Use manipulatives
5. Small group, individual conferencing
6. Many opportunities to work in partnerships, groups and independently.