Volunteers - Field Trip
Thank you for your interest to volunteer! Your service as a volunteer is very helpful and important to our District. Effective 7/1/15, laws have been passed that place new and stringent requirements upon school districts and their volunteers. For complete information, please see the link below for the District's Volunteer Information page.
If you have questions concerning the process of becoming or remaining a volunteer after reading the FAQ, please call Bill Kennedy, HR Administrator, at 610-282-3121 x5215.
Required clearances to be a volunteer:
- Act 34 PA Criminal History Check (Free) - Go to https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp .
- Act 151 PA Child Abuse History Clearance (Free). Go to: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS/Public/Home . You will need to do the following:
- Create a new account by completing the profile information to associate with a Keystone ID
- Create a password
- Go back to the page link above and click Login, Access My Clearances, Continue. Enter your new Keystone ID (username) and password. Click Create A Clearance Application.
- * Act 114 FBI clearance (approx. $30). Go to http://www.pa.cogentid.com/ Register to be fingerprinted. Pick the box that reads PA Department of Education. Print your registration paper with number and bring it with proper ID for fingerprinting. Fingerprint services are available at The UPS Store on Lehigh Street in Allentown and The UPS Store in Hellertown, PA. No appointment is necessary for fingerprinting, but pre-registration is required.
- * If you have been a continuous PA resident for 10 years, you may be excused from submission of the FBI clearance if you complete the Volunteer Residency Certification Form available at http://www.slsd.org/files/1983156/vol_res_cert_form.pdf .
- Act 24 Certification - Go to http://www.slsd.org/files/1983156/pde_6004.pdf . Print and sign the attached Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification form (PDE 6004).