Meet Mrs. Riegel
- I grew up in Lehighton, Pennsylvania and attended the Lehighton Area School District. In high school, I ran cross country, played basketball, and participated in track. I come from a family of five and lived in a ranch house that my father and mother built. My Mom still lives in that home and both my brothers remain in Lehighton.
- I currently live with my husband, Tom and son, Jake in North Whitehall Township along with our cats Spirit, Elsa and Anna. Tom is a Health & Physical Education teacher at Catasauqua Middle School and Jake is a senior in high school whose favorite subject is history and favorite sport is wrestling.
- Teaching health and physical education is a second career for me. Prior to teaching, I worked in the health and fitness industry as a manager of a hospital-based health and fitness center for many years. I also performed personal training and worked with many high school and college level athletes in addition to adult clients. I too served as a fitness center consultant in several retirement communities.
- Wilkes University: M.S. Educational Leadership with Principal Certification
- East Stroudsburg University: M. Ed. Health and Physical Education with Teacher Certification
- West Chester University: B.S. Physical Education: Physical Fitness Specialist; competed gymnastics all four years (co-captain senior year)
- Hiking, running, biking, reading, baking, and traveling especially to Walt Disney World and Colorado
Favorite PE Sports & Games:
- Gymnastics, lacrosse, flag football, jump the brook, and handball