SLSD Emergency Plans
Emergency Management Plans
- The district has comprehensive emergency management plans in place to respond to a range of emergency situations, from natural disasters to threats to safety.
- Plans identify all steps to be taken in an emergency, along with roles and responsibilities for administrators and staff.
- Drills occur on a regular basis to practice the steps of the plan
- Plans undergo annual audits, as well as a review every time we need to activate one of the plans for any type of incident.
- Specific details of the plans are not shared to maintain the integrity and security of those plans
- Evacuation plans are in place for any type of emergency
- The district has various locations that students and staff may be evacuated to, along with various transportation options to those locations.
- Decisions regarding exactly which location and method of transportation will be used are made in collaboration with the police departments and emergency responders, based on the nature of the emergency.
- In the case of a threat to our students, staff, or facilities, we do not initially announce the location of the evacuation site. This is deliberate and intentional to protect the safety of all concerned until we have determined the nature of the threat.
- Details of the evacuation site location will be released to families by the district once we have determined there is no threat, and in order to facilitate dismissal and reunification processes. We do not release details of the reunification site directly to the media.
- During an emergency situation, Southern Lehigh School District communicates through Blackboard Connect, SLSD website, and SLSD Facebook page.
- It should not be assumed that other comments in the media, social media, or shared by avenues other than the official district tools are accurate.
Other official communication may be sent out through police departments, the District Attorney’s office, and other emergency responders. Again, only