LEARNING • SERVING • LEADING
One Interaction at a Time
The Southern Lehigh School District is an inclusive, innovative, and inspiring community of learners where relationships matter and students are empowered and motivated to face the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Everyone should feel safe, valued and respected in an inclusive and diverse learning environment
- Students learn when challenged to think critically, problem solve, act with integrity, and demonstrate resiliency
- Academic success is achieved when students demonstrate growth and maximize their potential
- Positive collaboration and partnerships foster growth and understanding
- Social, emotional, academic, athletic and artistic development are foundational to lifelong learning
- Learning, serving and leading create and influence the future
- Implementation of a K-12 ELA core curriculum that utilizes research-based resources and integrates the Science of Reading into instructional practices.
- Establish K-12 learning environments that support social emotional learning for all students.
- Building and strengthening community partnerships
- Using the district’s system of assessment to target instruction within tiered instructional support, analyzing data to strengthen instructional programming.