Educating today's learner...for tomorrow's opportunities.
In the pursuit of excellence, the Southern Lehigh School District has created a culture of innovation and creativity empowering students for a brighter future in a global society.
The Southern Lehigh School District vision is one where:
- The District strives to meet the needs of all students.
- Our programs provide challenging, relevant learning experiences for the community of learners.
- Students are actively engaged in learning twenty-first cnetury skills including:
- Core subjects and 21st century themes
- Learning and innovation skills
- Information, media and technology skills
- Life and career skills
- Rigor, relevance, and relationships are the keystones of our competency/ standards based programs.
- Data-informed decision-making guides our path to continuous improvement.
- Communications among our community of learners is open and engaging.
- Students are offered opportunity and choice in learning.
- We collaborate with partners in Pre k-20 institutions, businesses, and community organizations on a local, regional, national, and global level.
- Teachers and administrators are dedicated to high expectations for themselves and their students and model the skills they inspire students to achieve.
- Society Benefits when people act responsibly and respectfully.
- All people can learn.
- High expectations promote high achievement.
- Environment impacts upon learning.
- Education is a fundamental partnership among individuals, home, school and the community.
- The commitment of resources to public education provides long-term benefits to society.
- Continuous improvement is achieved by promoting and managing change effectively.
- Academic Proficiency
- Communications (Internal and External)
- Highly Effective Teachers