“Meals to Go”
Free lunch and breakfast is available for all children 18 and under with families living in the Southern Lehigh School District!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is this truly free? – Yes, the Federal Government reimburses Southern Lehigh for every “nutritional meal” served by our food service staff. No Local or State tax dollars are used. The District cannot accept payment from residents for these meals.
- Does this program benefit Southern Lehigh School District? – Yes, everyone is encouraged to take advantage of the program. This program keeps our cafeteria staff working and covers overhead experienced by the Food Service Department.
- I have 3 children under the age of 5. Are they eligible? – Yes, every child 18 or under living within Southern Lehigh School District boundaries is eligible. There are no restrictions or requirements beyond age and residency.
- Our children will not eat something in the meal. Why must I take it? – The Federal Government is very clear on what constitutes a nutritional meal. Families or students must take complete meals or the Federal Government will not reimburse the School District.
- How does my child get a free meal at a SLSD school? – Go to the school cafeteria at lunch and select a meal. Nothing additional is required. The menus can be found here: https://www.slsd.org/Page/12756
- Is everything at the cafeteria free? – No, many buildings have extra A la Carte items that children can buy over and beyond a nutritional meal. A la Carte items are not covered under the Federal Program.
- How does a family with SLSD remote learners or children not in one the 5-SLSD schools sign up for breakfast and Lunch? – Sign up at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScr83Q4qSt9yaD5-jWNWwmwVMy2LCeoniHHQ--P9q-t2fNdWA/viewform
- Will this program continue through the summer? - Yes, it will continue through the summer and most likely through the 2021-2022 school year.
- We have one child in school receiving five lunches there and a second that has not entered school yet. How do we sign up for grab and go meals? Over the summer, both children can receive the 7 breakfast/7 lunch Meals To Go kits, please use the link above or on the Food Services page at www.SLSD.org
- Where can meals be picked up? All Meals To Go kits are distributed from the visitor parking lot, near the flagpole, at the entrance of the school facing Route 309, of the Southern Lehigh High School, 5800 Main Street, Center Valley, PA 18034.
- When are the meals available? Mondays - 8:15am-9:15am AND 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM. There will be exceptions to the Monday distribution when a Holiday falls on that day. Usually we will distribute the Tuesday after the Holiday. Please check the weekly updated order form for details.
- What can we expect to receive in the breakfast grab and go? – Cherry Frudel, Bagel stuffed w/ Cream Cheese, Mini Cinnis, Muffins, Mini Pancakes, Assorted Cereals, Mini Waffles, Gallon of Milk, etc.
- What may be included in the lunch grab and go? – Pizza, Hot dog w/ bun, Grilled Chicken Breast w/ bun, Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches, Meatballs w/ sauce & sub roll, Fish Sticks w/ dinner roll, Assorted Breaded Chicken items, Pulled Pork sandwich, Breakfast sandwich, Hamburger w/bun, Sloppy Joe sandwich, etc.
- How can we get more information? – please call 610-282-3121 ext- 7330 or e-mail Mr. Gregory Martin, Coordinator of Food Services at: email@example.com