“Meals to Go”
Free lunch and breakfast is available for all children 18 and under with families living in the Southern Lehigh School District!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is this truly free? – Yes, the Federal Government reimburses Southern Lehigh for every “nutritional meal” served by our food service staff. No Local or State tax dollars are used. The District cannot accept payment from residents for these meals.
- Does this program benefit Southern Lehigh School District? – Yes, everyone is encouraged to take advantage of the program. This program keeps our cafeteria staff working and covers overhead experienced by the Food Service Department.
- I have 3 children under the age of 5. Are they eligible? – Yes, every child 18 or under living within Southern Lehigh School District boundaries is eligible. There are no restrictions or requirements beyond age and residency.
- Our children will not eat something in the meal. Why must I take it? – The Federal Government is very clear on what constitutes a nutritional meal. Families or students must take complete meals or the Federal Government will not reimburse the School District.
- How does my child get a free meal at a SLSD school? – Go to the school cafeteria at lunch and select a meal. Nothing additional is required. The menus can be found here: https://www.slsd.org/Page/12756
- Is everything at the cafeteria free? – No, many buildings have extra A la Carte items that children can buy over and beyond a nutritional meal. A la Carte items are not covered under the Federal Program.
- How does a family with SLSD remote learners or children not in one the 5-SLSD schools sign up for breakfast and Lunch? – Sign up at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScr83Q4qSt9yaD5-jWNWwmwVMy2LCeoniHHQ--P9q-t2fNdWA/viewform
- How do I order bagged lunches for my child that attends SLSD schools 4 days per week. Follow the link to the bagged lunch signup: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/ 1FAIpQLSeQ1Z1mtllbsxN2uckS0KQV MlIaO_cVsF8NtykpZORM3ov5xw/ viewform?usp=sf_link
- My child attends school 4 days per week, are 7 breakfasts and 3 lunches available? Yes, beginning Monday March 29, 2021 3 lunches and 7 breakfasts will be available for all children with in-person learning. More information to come.
- We have one child in school receiving four lunches there and a second that has not entered school yet. How do we sign up for grab and go meals? One child is signed up as remote or not in one of the SLSD schools and the second as attending 4 days per week.
- Where can meals be picked up? All lunches are distributed from the rear parking lot, at the entrance facing the tennis courts, of the Southern Lehigh High School, 5800 Main Street, Center Valley, PA 18034.
- When are the meals available? Mondays - 8:15am-9:15am AND 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
- What can we expect to receive in the breakfast grab and go? – Cherry Frudel, Bagel stuffed w/ Cream Cheese, Mini Cinnis, Muffins, Mini Pancakes, Assorted Cereals, Mini Waffles, Gallon of Milk, etc.
- What may be included in the lunch grab and go? – Pizza, Hot dog w/ bun, Grilled Chicken Breast w/ bun, Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches, Meatballs w/ sauce & sub roll, Fish Sticks w/ dinner roll, Assorted Breaded Chicken items, Pulled Pork sandwich, Breakfast sandwich, Hamburger w/bun, Sloppy Joe sandwich, etc.
- How can we get more information? – please call 610-282-3121 ext- 7330 or e-mail Mr. Gregory Martin, Coordinator of Food Services at: email@example.com